Monday, March 21, 2011

Wisconsin.

I can appreciate the difficulties of being a governor of a state where you're facing a huge deficit.

But Governor Walker, with all due respect, sir, you mightily screwed this one up. Yes, maybe you did make the offer to the unions to sit and work with you, but your subsequent handling of this made you the bad guy, and it's gonna take a whale of a lot of spin to turn that puppy around... if indeed you can at all, particularly when it looks like you singled out the unions that didnt support your election campaign. Sorry, sir, but that smacks of really bad grace.

I dont have a solution for you, sorry. I wish I did. But one thing I can tell you is that acting like a despot in a small middle eastern country is not gonna win you the quality of friends that you just may need the next time you come up for election... for anything.

Fun stuff returns tomorrow. In the interim, stop by standwisconsin.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment