Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Public Service Announcement!




























So.

The Doc and Raider Millennial Contest.

Here's how the contest will work. As you can see in the upper left corner, there's a number that will tell you where we are in the countdown. You are to guess when -- both date and time -- the 1,000th entry will go up. It is imperative that I not see the entries, so Randy Riddle, longtime fan, has agreed to set up a Yahoo email account strictly for this contest. You'll send your guesses there. He alone will be able to access it; I wont have the password, nor will I see any of the mail received in it until I put up cartoon/image/whatever-it-winds-up-being #1,000.

Once it's posted, he'll send me the access information, and I'll dive in, looking to see who got the closest. What does that person win, you ask? Well, more than one winner, actually, so here's the list to date.

GRAND PRIZE: a $100 Amazon gift card and the DnR t-shirt of your choice, as well as the first pull of a limited edition Doc and Raider print that will go on sale after the contest. But the first one, bubalah, is yours, signed and numbered.

SECOND PRIZE: a $50 Amazon gift card and the DnR tee of your choice.

THIRD PRIZE: a $25 Amazon gift card.

See? We're not screwing around here. This is a big deal for me, and I want it to be a big deal for you. Multiple entries are permitted, and I expect an absolute feeding frenzy the closer we get to the magic number 1,000. The email you send must have the date and time in the subject line; otherwise, it'll be disqualified. No, I dont accept bribes (darn my sense of integrity!), but beyond that, it is absolutely essential that you do not contact me directly with your entry. If you do, you're out of the game.

If by some weird chance two people come in with the same correct entry, the person who has posted it first wins.

Entries will be accepted only until cartoon 980 is posted. That's your cut-off point.

As soon as I know the address Randy has set up, I'll post it here. Good luck to all of you, and thank you for being such great readers.

1 comment: