Tuesday, September 21, 2010

800!

Yesterday's strip, as unfortunately prescient as it turned out to be, was indeed number 800. That's pretty scary and pretty amazing, all in one tightly-wrapped package. I look back on some of the strips and think, "Good lord, what were you thinking???", but I can also see the comic taking a focus and a style and a rhythm. There are so many things I want to do with it in the future — not only the upcoming "origins" story of how these two got together (which is almost done, by the way), but what happens to Elliot and Gilles in Québec City and how Kai and Mik sort out their lives together. For those wondering about Didi, she's heading into a spin-off all her own. As with everything else, I have no idea where it'll take her, but it should be fun watching what happens.

Only 200 more to go before we hit 1,000. Lord give me strength. Many, many thanks to all of you for giving me some by staying with this little piece of twaddle nonsense.

As usual, a little celebratory wallpaper. Click for a larger version.

1 comment: