Friday, November 6, 2009

A side note.























I've been recreating some of the original panels in the new format for the entries at PanHistoria, but I had to share this one here because it's a bit of a breakthrough for me.

My modeling program has had dynamic cloth capabilities for some years now, but I just never quite got the hang of it: things kept poking through when they shouldnt have (and please, keep your minds out of the gutter on that one! :-) ), the cloth never quite fell right and draped in bizarre ways -- all in all, an upsetting experience that made me think, okay, I dont really need this particular tool.

Then last night I thought, what the heck, let's give it another shot. Lo and behold, it worked! It took a few tries to figure out how large to make the cloth panel so it would hang properly, but by gosh and golly the darn thing worked.

And I'm sure most of you are thinking, yeah, Sean, we get it: now get back to the cartoon, huh? Okay, okay... durn bunch of task-masters..... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment