Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Window of Opportunity

(my submission for a collection at PanHistoria)























"It panes me to ask this, but, Doc, what are you doing?"

"I'm carrying a sheet of glass."

"Yes, yes, that's... uh... clear (God, I crack myself up sometimes...). The larger, looming, and perhaps needed to be asked question is why."

"It's my Window of Opportunity."

"Your Window -- ?"

" -- of Opportunity. Yes. See, I'm looking out at new horizons. I'm making my own success. I take my Window with me everywhere I go, and I'm right on the onramp to the Freeway of Financial Independence. Wealthy beyond my wildest dreams. Rich, I tell you, Raider, rich!"

"All because of this sheet of glass in your hands."

"You got it."

"So what happens when Success comes knocking?"

"I look at it through my Window and say Helllllooooooo, Nurse!, and I reach right out and shake its hand."

"Uh... how?"

"What do you mean, how. The way I always shake hands with someone."

"But your hands are a little full at the moment."

"Sure. I just set down my Window of Opportunity and -- "

" -- and then you're not looking through it and Success scampers off when your back is turned. Buh-bye, Nurse."

"Hmm. Yeah, that could be a problem."

"So what do you do now, Tony Robbins?"

"I... okay, got it. I build a little frame for it... on wheels!... so I can just roll my Window of Opportunity around and still have one hand free to shake hands with Success!"

"Hmm. Still won't work."

"Why not?"

"Because the window is so big. Now it's become an Obstacle instead of an Opportunity."

"This is all too confusing. And this glass is getting frigging heavy. Here. I'm just gonna set this down for a sec and -- "

CRASH!!!!

"Hmm. You broke your little window," Raider quietly observed. "I feel quite... shattered..." he added with a slight giggle.

"Well, great. What the hell do I do now?"

"Look around you."

"Okay. And?"

"Well, I could be wrong, but seems to me that now it's a much bigger window..."

No comments:

Post a Comment